SpaceX and ULA Win Billions In Pentagon Contracts

Issue 31

08.10.20 - Jeff Bezos’s Blue Origin, and Northrop Grumman lost out on billions in Pentagon rocket contracts to Elon Musk’s SpaceX, and ULA. The Airforce says it expects to spend at least $1 billion annually to launch rockets on missions vital to national security.

ULA won 60% of the contracts, and SpaceX won the remaining 40%. The contracts span across 5 years and will begin launches in 2022. ULA is a joint venture between Boeing and Lockheed Martin. The US previously awarded ULA and SpaceX $12 billion worth of launch contracts between 2012 and 2019. The process has been highly competitive The last time SpaceX lost a bid two years ago, the company sued the Air Force for awarding Blue Origin. Read More

Source: CNBC